Tuesday 28 August 2018

Our therapy cat!


Anyone else have a pet at home that can calm down your children or help them snap out of tantrums better than any adult can? We have a cat that does just that for our children and i couldn't be happier he's part of our family.We adopted a little kitten two years ago whose mom was a stray. He was so scrawny but then grew up to become a pretty big cat. People who meet him call him a "little tiger" and that he looks intimidating. But looks can be so deceiving. From day one he's been nothing but a sweetheart towards my children. So patient for a cat....He allows them to build lego forts around him. Will lay beside them if he sees them watching tv. Me and my husband call him the children's therapy cat because when he sees them upset will try to help in his own little way.About an hour ago my son knocked on the bathroom door while i was showering. He had gone to bed since 8pm so it caught me off guard that he had woken up and i told him to come in. He comes in crying and holding onto his stuffed animal saying his throat hurts. (He had a tonsillectomy about four days ago.. and even with pain meds at night the poor kid will wake up in pain still..) I'm still covered in soap so im thinking "shit..what do i do?" My husband wakes up early for work so he was already in bed and i didnt want to yell for him because then my daughter would wake up. I tell him it'll be ok and to please sit on the floor by the door and wait for mommy to come out. I can hear him crying while i'm starting to anxiously get the shampoo out of my hair as fast as i can and suddenly the crying stops. I keep rinsing while wondering if he left somewhere, i move the curtain back a little and see our cat sitting beside him meowing and chirping at him, what i can only assume was "hey whats wrong?" in cat lol. My son whispers to him "i dont feel good" and then the cat right on cue as if he understood starts nuzzling my son's leg with his head. My son scratches his head and then the cat lays on his legs. My son bends down and hugs him and the cat lays still allowing him to. It was such a sweet moment. I quickly wrapped on a towel and managed to help him, now totally calm and not crying, to get some tylenol and cold water and back to bed. It totally felt like i had a little buddy helping me parent for a moment. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2PNHLNx

No comments:

Post a Comment