Friday 31 August 2018

About to be a parent, everyone tells me say goodbye to my life/hobbies? Am I fucked?


To skip the basics, wife is pregnant with 1 kid. Will give birth in 6 months if everything goes ok. Im worried of course since both of us are sort of "selfish" with our time (Which i understand it will be an adjustment etc...sacrifices etc..) but everyone I talk to makes it seem like it's just fucking miserable?Im a bit of a introverted person, I need my things to wind down. I work as a Software Engineer during the daytime, and fortunately most of my hobbies are at home hobbies (Electronics, Programming, some video gaming, board gaming, gardening). Everyone tells me to say goodbye to all my hobbies like the kid is 24/7 (Which in a sense they are, as I imagine you have to "be ready" 24/7 to parent just in case).Anyways it's got me...honestly sort of sad, everyone seems so negative. However some pluses we got going for us are:Financially there shouldn't be much stress, im super duper conservative when it comes to finances, and both me and my wife make a comfortable living.Space (house wise) won't be an issueOnly 1 kid is coming out, so at least were not getting hit with twins or triplets/etc... (Much love to those that are able to handle that)All my hobbies are "at home"Calm my fears reddit. Im scared. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2PWNOPV

No comments:

Post a Comment