Wednesday 29 August 2018

My (28F) friend (28F) is upset with me because I questioned her choice in allowing a convicted felon (serious crime against children) to babysit her daughter.


So a friend and I were having a conversation on Fb with her moms bf which was more of a political argument when the guy said he used to own 3 business and has a masters in science (his words) but he doesn’t appear to be successful and spends his days arguing with my friend about politics literally all day on FB. Out of curiosity, I asked her what his deal was thinking I was going to get a normal answer like oh he’s full of shit or he went bankrupt or something along those lines. Instead she messages me and says “well because he went to prison a serious crime involving a minor but he didn’t do it so he lost his entire life” (I paraphrased because I don’t want to use the actual words she used) I immediately replied saying “woah, please stop and don’t say anything else, I don’t want to know.”She kind of got offended because I was like every single person who is accused of something like that says he didn’t do it, that doesn’t mean he didn’t actually do it. And in his defense she said “well if i didn’t believe in my heart he is a good man i wouldn’t allow him to babysit my daughter”For reference, her daughter is 4 and she makes the worst decisions ever. Constantly over shares, gets fired from almost every job, cheats on her husband and tells people about it then on FB talks about how disrespectful it is for men to cheat on their wives. Just like, complete nutcase lolSo naturally, after she continued on sending me his full name and all his info, links to his registry, and everything I didn’t care for I responded super negative and was like Bro why are you allowing a convicted offender to babysit your child? She’s upset with me because I refuse to see him as a person (in her eyes that’s why) but I’m upset because I feel like she’s literally putting her own child in this situation because she believed a story he said about what happened. As if predators don’t lie.Was I out of line questioning her parenting over this?EDIT: I’ve gotten a negative response on how I should pick better friends. When I posted the story I didn’t think I had to explain in detail how I know this woman. I met a girl (we’ll call her Rachel) at work, and through her I met another group of friends. This girl happened to be one (let’s call her Mary) Mary started working at the same place Rachel and I worked, she’d come around to every gathering. In every group of friends there’s always that one person that’s an idiot, this is Mary. We don’t go to lunch, we don’t hang out or tell each other secrets. We interact over FB only, or when I run into her at things and even then hi/bye/gotta go. She overshares all the time with everyone, so this was just normal for her. It isn’t for me. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2BVv3Jw

No comments:

Post a Comment