Thursday 30 August 2018

How to bring up birth control to my daughter?


My daughter is almost 16 and isn't sexually active, just yet. However, I see her flirting and talking pretty sexually to a guy on her phone.I dont have a problem with her having sex as long as she is on some reliable form of birth control (like depot provera or an iud). Yes, of course they should use condoms in addition to that also.Her mother isn't really a part of her life and there isn't another female that is likely to talk to her about this.I remember being her age and being absolutely mortified to talk to my parents or anyone else about condoms or any type of birth control.Of course she had the sex ed class in school and knows the basics, but the devil is in the details as they say.Should I take her to her pediatrician? Should a make an GYN appointment for her, should I just hand her a box of condoms? (Probably not). Should I wait until I know she is sexually active? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wy66y0

No comments:

Post a Comment