Monday 27 August 2018

Suddenly in charge of cooking for 5 kids, and need basic guidance


I’m a freshly widowed father of five, and of all the things stressing me out, food is by far the most acute. My wife was an effortless cook, working by intuition and taste more than by any recipe; she could make wholesome healthy meals seemingly from whatever we happened to have in the fridge.She’s gone, though, so it’s my turn to be the food-provider. And as she always joked, I can make scrambled eggs and toast, but the toast will be burnt.Where do I start? I’m lying in bed, fending off grief by frantically googling what to my the kids for lunch. Can’t even use my limited available time for shopping properly because I don’t know what to buy. I’ve tried looking through her cookbooks, but they’re mainly about fancy/complex food that she’d make for a dinner party, not the basics that she’d whip up for us on a daily basis. I need to learn how to make, like, a salad. Or something with vegetables. Anything that isn’t a bowl of cereal and milk, or frozen pizza, and that I can do regularly.Does anybody know of a good book or other resource to catch up on basic food know-how for my family? Or have any advice to help calm the freakout? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LwjqIv

No comments:

Post a Comment