Monday 27 August 2018

Gift ideas for troubled sisters


Hello everyone. I am not really sure if this is the right place to ask but here we go:TL,DR: my neighbor’s daughters (12 and 5)are having difficult times with there is a divorce threat and financial problems. I will see them soon. What books can help with the situation to the older one?Back story, after I decide to become a stay at home mom, I became besties with the woman next door. She has two lovely daughters and with time, I became some kind of cool auntie for them.The older daughter was attending to a school that teaches German and little one was staying at home with her mother back then.Shortly after we met, father started to struggle financially. My friend started to talk about divorce since they had other problems. 4 months ago, they had to move a cheaper place, resulting the older daughter changing her school and that affected her so bad. Meanwhile mom was not hiding that they are not ok with the dad. Resulting the older one became a bit violent to her sister and everyone. She was turning into a wildling slowly. Little one was copying every behaviour of her sister. Mom was in living hell. Then I moved to Berlin.A few days ago dad completely bankrupted. They are moving to grandma’s apartment. Knowing that place is really small and grandma is not a easy going person, I believe the kids will get worse.I will be visiting them soon. Already bought some fun stuff for both of them. I filled backpacks with school supplies from copenhagen tiger and hema. Also some diy sets.But I figured I can buy some books for older one from here. I need something that she can relate. Any ideas on easy reading books? She likes Harry Potter kind of stuff but twilight like stuff as well :) But I have a really poor knowledge about youth books so here I am. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LoPuy5

No comments:

Post a Comment