Wednesday 29 August 2018

My four year (f) old just told me a group of boys at kindy pulled her knickers down and laughed at her vagina. I am devastated.


Today was a half day of kindy and her last day for this week and as we do on our half days we walk home and then sit outside and play, talking about our days so far.She told me how when playing with the boys (like she often does) they were playing super hero’s in a nature play based cubby they had made, and she bought up the fact she was wearing bat girl knickers, the boys asked to see and she tried to pull the front of her knickers up to show the logo, a boy stepped forward and pulled her pants down then pulled her knickers down and started pointing and laughing. She told them it wasn’t funny and then went and told her kindy teacher.I’m upset that after all our talks about being safe and keeping private things private, she tried to show her knickers off, I’m upset his boy pulled her knickers down and laughed at her, and I’m mad as fuck that the kindy knew and don’t discuss this with me.I rang the kindy and spoke with the director who said she was unaware of the event and will discuss it with the teacher who it was reported too. And other then bringing it up with whole class, as in the discussion of privates she won’t take any further action as she believes it was most likely curiosity play.I just needed to vent I am on the brink of tears, but trying not to show how upset i am, as I don’t want to upset her, I am so upset for my baby girl that this happened to her but thankful it was nothing more serious..Other than trying not to bawl my eyes out I don’t know what to do, how can I trust the kindy with her safety if they can’t even discuss things with me.. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MCd2oz

No comments:

Post a Comment