Monday 29 August 2016

What are your red flags for dating as a single parent, new to dating am I just being paranoid?


I recently started being open to the idea of dating again, I began talking to someone but am struggling with what red flags are and what is me being paranoid. When I was a young parent I put my oldest child and myself in a not so great situation with a partner (the one I divorced). I'm very nervous to put my kids in a bad situation again but almost feel like I am being hyper sensitive.I suffer from anxiety and ptsd so it can be hard for me to determine sometimes if I'm over thinking or just being smart. With my children I would rather aire on the side of caution, but in the same respect I don't want to give up something great for nothing because I'm second guessing something innocent.Ex: went on a few dates with new guy. I am not able to get out much or often as kids dad doesn't really see them. New guy tells me he doesn't mind if I bring kids along he is good with kids, likes them, Yada Yada... my brain hears "what normal guy is like that? Why does he want to meet them so soon? Maybe he is a pedo".....I decided that in that event that I was over reacting, eventually took them to park and had him meet us there. We walked and played with them. He was very good to them. Towards the end we were taking about how I'd like to take them out like this more but with my schedule it can be hard to do it as much as is like. He is off work earlier than I am so he followed up with, "well I'd they get more used to me, I can take them out like this all the time. I go for walks and to the park daily" (which he does, we've talked wow a bit about this and had a few park dates).Again though my "what's this guy's problem" meter went off in my head. Am I over thinking, or is this a red flag? I decided to watch and wait with him. Contact with kids only while I am there obviously and just keep my eyes and ears open to any major game stoppers.So please feel free to weigh in on this, I won't take offense and also what are your dating red flags? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2byhxtw

No comments:

Post a Comment