Friday 26 August 2016

On children and the dreaded vegetable


So my son is a typical preschooler, in that he likes bread, cheese, and various combinations of bread and cheese. And sometimes french fries and chicken nuggets.Now, I think my husband and I have done a good job at not pressuring him to eat anything. As a result, he will try ANYTHING once. If I ask him to try something new, he will do it 100% of the time. However, if he doesn't like it he won't keep eating it (obv).So, the only vegetables we can get him to eat are root vegetables (beets [sometimes], carrots, potatoes). If it's green, you better forget about it. At what point do you start requiring them to eat vegetables? Ever? I want him to have a healthy, balanced diet - but I also don't want to create food wars.Thoughts? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bodZy6

No comments:

Post a Comment