Saturday 27 August 2016

19yr old daughter - need advice


When I was a kid I just had my mom and 2 brothers and 2 sisters. No dad. We were raised on welfare. My mom went back to school when I was 16. We kind of took care of ourselves at this point.After high school my mom asked for rent or we needed to move out.I chose to move out.Fast forward to now, Im 42 and regret moving out so soon as it was very hard to establish myself.My wife and I are together for our 22nd year. We have 5 kids. 3 teenagers and two younger kids.I have told all my children that I will help them as long as I can so they can establish themselves with school, carear and savings. My only request is that they focus on school, get good grades, save 50% from whatever work they do and help keep the house clean.I do not ask for any money.My oldest just finished 1st year. Semester 1 was not very good. 2 was better and 3rd better yet. She has a 3.0 gpa. She needs a 3.89 to get into law school.She has worked over the last year as well. I asked her to limit work to 1.5 shifts a week so about 12 hours so she can focus on school.She made $9000 over the year but has not put any away. Spent it all on make up, etc.She goes out with friends and doesnt help around the house. She will do dishes or laundry if asked but rushes it so its never done right.I told her I want to help but there are things that she needs to do to keep up her end or it wont work.My wife is tired of hearing me complain. She says we ask her to move out at 20 or we charge her rent.I really want to help but Im at a loss on how to get her back on track.Any advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bVq4rv

No comments:

Post a Comment