Tuesday 30 August 2016

Please help, my 5 year old is driving ruining my life


Let me start by, I love my 5 year old, yet at the same time I can barely stand her around me as of late. See i'm a single parent of 4 kids (their mother is psychotic and actually tried to kill our 5 year old, before the problems started). I love spending time with my kids and play with them often, i'm the type of parent that rarely spanks. Recently my 5 year old has started some really bad behavior since we moved to a new house. This the first time we have had a actual yard, since we have mainly been in apartments. She has been sneaking out to the point that the police has been called on me. How did you sneak out. First day opened the door that was blocked with a sofa (had to go to store to buy latch). Secound day while putting up latches she opened the windows. Put locks on windows and now just a few days ago, I forgot to put a master lock on a latch and she used a brook to open it up at 7:am and took her 3 year old sister with her. The police have threatened to arrest me if it happens again and cps has shown up threatening if it happens again all my kids will go to foster care (my parents are alcoholics, my sister is too, my grandparents are dead, her side is full of racist conservatives and criminals (think slumlords that also keep their families in the slums. One has had 4 heat strokes because she refuses to install ac even thought she is setting over $500,000. Her dad is also a pedophile). I do not have any friends and without a car I cannot get her counseling other than from a place that has a 6-9 month wait). Enough of my woes in that area. She also lies to me while getting caught in the act and blames it on her sisters. The other day she through a toy at my monitor trying to hit her 3 year old sister because I let my 3 year old play a game. She takes food from others at the table, she will get into food if I stupidly leave the baby gate down. I watch her most of the time, but I have to use the restroom often (I pee a lot for some reason). She cannot play in the room with her sisters without causing issues, she cannot play outside without trying to hurt someone, even if i'm watching and she is aware of it. Awhile back when this first started she pushed her younger sister on the sidewalk while we were looking at ducks. I'm honestly scared of my child and what she will do to my other children. My youngest (age 1) doesn't play with my 5 year old, hell she avoids her. I don't loose my cool when she does these things, I keep emotion out of it. Bacally at this point, my I have 10x more trust in my 1 year old than my 5 year old. My oldest is 8 and never acted like this. I don't know what to do, sometimes I wish I could give her up for adoption. I don't want to give her up because I still love her, but I think often I would and her sisters would be much happier. Btw cps didn't want to help, they just told me to stop making excuses and to basically be more responsible.Incase you are wondering, she is good when we are in public. Home is where the problem is. She gets good exercise too, we often to the grocery store every other day which is nearly a mile walk. Other thing is I can barely take my kids outside to play, she'll ether disobey (throwing dirt and rocks, or hurting someone). If I set her in time out she screams and i'm worried about the police being called because these are not normal kid crying screams, they are the type of scream a kid does when they get hurt. If I send her inside I panic because i'm afraid she'll escape or destroy something and get us kicked out of our house. First day she drew all over the walls with a crayon, despite 2 weeks of warnings not to before hand. My other kids listen, they turn themselves in when they do bad. They ask why they got in trouble or can't do that and I explain and they understand. My 5 year old does not ask why and does not learn you can't do that. Sometimes I want to blow my brains out, I wanted to go to college, but I can't now because of her behavior. Anyone that has tried to watch can't stand her and has even ran off one my counselors.Sorry if this post is a mess, I'm just so upset typing this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bQl3o6

No comments:

Post a Comment