Tuesday 30 August 2016

Bio Dad is beginning to pee me right off! Please tell me I'm doing the right things here.


I'm the stepdad to a 9 year old boy. Raised him since he was 1 years old. He has a biological Dad who's an absolute idiot, and right now he is beginning to get on my nerves.First of all he hasn't done a thing for his son. He doesn't pay anything towards things he needs such as school clothes, shoes, trainers, etc. In the 8 years I've looked after his child he's probably given us £20 max.Whilst I'm at home working until god knows what time he's getting high on drugs acting like the proud parent who does nothing for his child.He used to see him every 2 weeks on a regular basis, but then he told me he became addicted to legal highs and wasn't well. His contact became irregular and when he had my stepson overnight my stepson would say "Daddy spent all day in bed and I was bored". Obviously he was drugged up.The week after he told us this he was arrested for dealing drugs from his property. That was back in April.My partner instantly stopped his contact until the dealings with the police were over and he sorted his life out. He didn't sort his life out because 3 weeks after he was sent to prison for smashing his girlfriends house up. He was already on bail for the drug offence.Yesterday he called after having no contact for 6 months.He was released from prison last week, yet it took him until yesterday to call. And now he wants to meet up to discuss things. His words were "We could meet at a cafe, talk about the current situation, and hopefully I can take J (the child) with me so he can stay over the night".HELL. NO. OVER. MY. DEAD. BODY.You don't just waltz out of prison, leave it a week to contact us, then demand you want to take your son. It doesn't work like that. Both me and my partner can not trust him right now to do what's right for his child. The last time he had drugs in house, and was getting high, whilst J was in his care.He wanted to meet up Thursday. We've cancelled the meeting. We feel that we shouldn't have to give up our time to fix his mess.I feel like this now needs to go through legal channels. I'm concerned he's using drugs. I'm angry that he doesn't put his hand in his pocket to support his son. I'm angry that this waste of space walks around like his son is a trophy.On the plus side my partner wants me to adopt my stepson legally. She said if anything ever happens to her she doesn't want his bio Dad to be able to take over his care. So I guess that's a plus.But do you think we're right to take this through a court regarding his contact? The needs to prove that he's not on drugs, and his life has changed. We would both rather his contact now go through a contact center to begin with until he can prove he's a responsible parent. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2coqZW5

No comments:

Post a Comment