Wednesday 31 August 2016

Considering trying for our second child but worried about how my daughter 14(f) will react.


My wife and I feel like we are ready to welcome a new baby into our home. We've talked extensively about this, and agreed that I finally have a well established job. She no longer has to work, we've bought our first home.We are both 32, so still young enough to have a baby.The only problem is that we are very concerned about how our older daughter will react. How much jealousy will there be? We had my daughter when we were 18, and we've traveled through a tough road of being broke, me away at college, both o us working... It was very hard until we got to where we are now.We are both ready for the baby, and will be able to spend much more time should we have one. Also our families (well hers) will be happy and more receptive of the new baby. They were not supportive at all when we had our daughter, refused to see her until she was six.If we have this new baby, not only will my daughter not be our only child. The baby will have advantages she never had, will be spoilt more by grandparents (and us, just due to our financial situations at the time), and will have more time with us.I don't want her to feel like she is the mistake child and is now being pushed a side for the prodigal child.I'm concerned about the age gap, as my brother is only two years older than my daughter and we don't get a long at all.Should we start trying, or settle for one, beautiful child? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bBUOMw

No comments:

Post a Comment