Sunday 28 August 2016

My 4yo is asking questions about her dead uncle.


My brother took his life 6 weeks after my daughter was born. She's know for her whole life that he's dead, but she never really understood the concept I don't think.Tonight, we saw someone who was very good friends with my brother, and I told her that. So she said "I don't remember him." To which i said "5thats because you didn't meet him, he died when you were very young" and she asked, naturally, how he died. It was late so I told her we'd chat about it tomorrow, but now I'm wondering what to say about it.I obviously will not be telling her exactly how he died, but I also don't want to tell her it was an accident.I was thinking something likeHe was very sick for some time, but we just didn't know. Sometimes people hurt very bad on the inside in ways that we can't always see on the outside.Does anyone have any experience with this or anything similar? I always knew this would be a conversation but I thought I had more time honesty. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bXXupD

No comments:

Post a Comment