Sunday 28 August 2016

Caution: Rant


First off, let me preface this diatribe by suggesting my target audience might better be found in r/childfree. Anyway, I have a 6month old. In the last week I have had two conversations with two different people, which neither one has children. Both times my conversations (1 phone and 1 in-person) and/or timing have worn out my 6 month old's patience/hunger/nap time/ whatever - he's done. He starts getting fussy. Because I'm his mom and although I like having an adult conversation, I also know what's coming down the pike if I push my luck.So I politely say, "El NiƱo is getting fussy- I'll have to talk to you later". They keep talking. Son starts getting louder and more insistent. They keep talking. I say, "So and So, I've really got to go." They keep talking. By this time my kid is screaming and trying his best impersonation of a gymnastic backflip out of my arms.The first time I just walked out and earlier just hung up. I know they can hear/see him. Am I crazy? I feel like the onus of social consideration is on them if I've tried to politely excuse myself. Maybe they're not bothered by a screaming kid, but I am. Especially when the little stinker is my screaming kid. I have a 4yo who I expect a little better modicum of patience, but this little guy is only 6 months old. What the hell? Before I had kids I was more considerate than this. Because who's seriously ok watching a child flip out when there's no critical reason to do so?Ok. Rant over. Phew. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2c1P684

No comments:

Post a Comment