Sunday 28 August 2016

Weird sharing dillema


So 2 boys, C (4.5 yo) and O (3.5 yo).O is playing with some cars, C wants them.C is throwing tantrum to this effect... seems to get over it, then starts flipping out again. All suggestions to search for other cars of this type (there are many) in a toy box are refused, etc...I'm trying to calm C down, when O comes over and gives up one of the cars. I try to hand the car back to O, but he insists. I'm not really sure if allowing it to go this direction is really the right thing to do, but I'm probably going to let it go.C is still flipping out because he want's both cars, however. Soon, O gives up the other car.So on the one hand, I'm not super enthusiastic about the idea of rewarding C's tantrum with getting exactly what he wanted, but on the other hand it was clear that O had lost interest in the cars anyway, and we've had issues with him refusing to let people have things that he's done with anyway...So O did something nice (far nicer, in fact, that I'd expect/demant from him), so that's basically a good thing... but it was in response to emotional terrorism by C, which isn't exactly a good example for either of them.I did ultimately let C take the cars on the condition that thank his brother, etc... and of course he played with them for less than 5 minutes after which neither of them had any interest in the cars at all... but I'm still not sure what the real right approach here was. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bv9NYs

No comments:

Post a Comment