Tuesday 30 August 2016

The Condom Conundrum


oh boy.I have always encouraged my 13 year old son to talk with me about anything. He knows I will tell him the truth. This includes sex, masturbation, and "if you are going to have sex, WRAP IT UP!" kind of conversations. We have also spoke of how sex should only be with someone you love. (esp the first time!)Today my son text me and said "My friend needs condoms. He has a girlfriend and his parents wont get him any. He doesn't want to disclose who he is" Me - "Okay, lets talk about it tonight"Tonight we chatted. He doesn't want to say who is the friend. I said to him "I want to know 3 things. 1. Has he ever spoke with his parents about sex? 2. If so, has he spoke with them about wanting to have sex and needing condoms? 3. Has he spoke with his guidance counselor?The answer I received was "his parents are super christian and there is no way he can ask them". Then he grabbed $10 and said "please buy them".I dont intent to buy condoms for some 13 year old boy I dont know. And I dont think my son is the "friend" because he is still in the sports mode, not the girl mode.But how do I approach this? The ultimate goal would be that my son knows he can come to me for anything....and if I can help him, I will.But this one....ummm....help? :) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bHrN4g

No comments:

Post a Comment