Friday 26 August 2016

How do I get daycare to accept my son with an NG tube?


My son is 15 months old, and has been going to the same daycare since he was 3 months. He has been between the .5 and .3 percentile since he was about a month old. (Yes that is .5 not 5 not 50th). He finally got admitted to the hospital when he fell to the .12th percentile, and we were sent home with an ng tube.We had spoken with them a couple times over the year when it looked like he would be given an NG tube and they always said that it was fine. But today when we went to drop him off they said that they can't have him at daycare with it. We are not asking them to do any feedings through it, or change anything about their care for him. We had the tube taped to his shirt with a second shirt over it, so there was only a tiny bit of the tube even open to the air. Both my husband and I work, and we have family around, but no one that can take him during the day. Today I took out the tube, and will put it back in when I pick him up, but I don't want to have to do that to him every day.Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can make them more comfortable with this? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bFwhXH

No comments:

Post a Comment