Friday 26 August 2016

Birthday Parties?? Oy, I need help...


My daughter's third birthday is 4 months away and I've suddenly started wondering about whether or not I should have a party. I'm the only parent and she's the only child.First birthday wasn't much. Her, my parents, my sister and myself. We had wine and tacos. A cheesecake with fruit on top, we ate the cake she ate the fruit, lol. That was about it, I think there might have been a couple gifts but if there was it wasn't anything major.Second birthday was just her and I. I had the time off work so I took her to an open gymnastics class then we went to the farmers market and let he pick out a cupcake (her very first cupcake which she picked the one covered in fruit and only ate the fruit, what a kid). I think I bought her a new-to-her tonka truck or something, again nothing major.So...3 years old. Am I really missing out on something by not having a party? I don't even know who I would invite, all the other kids at the sitters place are older than her and I don't have friends or relatives with small kids. Her birthday is also close to Christmas, which I only do 2 gifts (a new dress and something that lasts), I don't have a ton of money but I don't deprive her from the things she needs. I don't want to spoil her with monetary thing, a special thing for us is taking the time to do something together. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bMpLlj

No comments:

Post a Comment