Sunday 28 August 2016

My husband met a child abductor while playing Pokemon go


Me and my husband play Pokemon go, but my husband is REALLY into it. (I don't play too much because my son ) We live on Long Island and a lot of scenic places are filled with cool Pokemon, pokestops and Pokemon players of all ages. He said "let's go to Corona park in Queens " last Friday , which I'm cool with because there's a lot of attractions. Next to the park is the set up US open for tennis.I went off by myself with Liam to the globe and a on site small museum. Meanwhile my husband was looking for Charmandors and walking around. We both were having fun, and my son liked the scenery. I met back up with my son when I saw my husband talking to some guy. That's normal because Pokemon players usually tell eachother where the best Pokemon are and compare stats. I walked over and the guy kinda disappeared. Humph weird but I didn't think too much about it. I let my son toddle around a park near other families to pick up sticks so he get can get tired for nap time with me, closely behind him . My phone buzzed and it was an amber alert for Pennsylvania.Meanwhile, my husband met up with the guy again while playing with Pokemon. (Normal for Pokemon players, there's a lot of pokestops and Pokemon in the same spots ) When my husband got the amber alert, he mentioned it casually. The guy said "I don't get amber alerts because I blocked them". (Okay??) Right after they finish talking about Amber alerts I see my husband walking back with the guy and I go over. I only overhear normal pokemon talk. As soon as I walk over the guy walks away really fast. I didn't really get the chance to say "hi " or whatever. That's weird, but maybe that's just how it is in Queens.We went home, a normal uneventful day.THEN I SAW HIM ON THE NEWS!!!!!!!! Apparently the day after we went to the park, he was there again. Only this time, he picked up a little girl and said "if you fight me I will hurt you" . The little girl got herself away, (thank god) but they haven't caught the guy. But it was the SAME GUY. In retrospect the Amber alert comment "I blocked them from my phone" and walking away from me and my son really fast twice, are super creepy in the context that he tried to ABDUCT A KID.What the hell??!! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2brJ9TC

No comments:

Post a Comment