Monday 29 August 2016

We could use some help with our momma's boy of a toddler.


Our son, who is 3.5, has always been sort of clingy with his mom, but it's gotten even worse lately. She's a gymnastics instructor, and so has a mix of morning and evening shifts and some weekend afternoons. When she works evenings he's at home along with myself and our daughter, who is seven.When Mom isn't around, he's a great little guy: lots of fun, very kind, gets along well (most of the time) with his sister, who was not anywhere near this clingy when she was younger. The kids have been for week-long trips with my parents or my wife's with no problems.Whenever my wife is around, though, he has a very hard time being out of her arms. Whenever he wakes up at night, he's asking for Mom right away, and if I try to help out, it's usually at least a half hour battle before I can get him to stop crying for Mom and settle down. If he wakes up again an hour later it's the same thing.I'm sure my wife's schedule has exacerbated the problem; there were a few months this spring where the kids literally didn't see her for two days a week, due to how early/late she started. However, her schedule has been much less demanding for a few months now, and his behaviour has not changed at all.Has anyone ran into this kind of selective clinginess before? We're not sure the best way to address it. If anyone has ideas I'd be grateful. Feel free to ask for more details.Thanks via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bzrOp7

No comments:

Post a Comment