Sunday 28 August 2016

Daughter wants to change instruments


My daughter has been playing piano since she was 7. Although there were times when she hated it, we encouraged her to continue and she enjoyed it. She is taught by a family friend.Now she's 14 and she seems disinterested. Her sister plays guitar enthusiastically and has been teaching chords to the older. My elder daughter barely plays piano anymore except to play songs by her favorite band or to play around. Her teacher is urging her to play the classical pieces in class but my daughter doesn't want to put in the effort.She has since come up to me and said she wanted to learn how to play bass guitar. I'm thinking she won't stick with it but she is insisting. My other daughter also wants to pick up bass. I think that my elder is doing it to get more attention from dad, who has more in common with my younger daughter (likes rock music, plays a "cool" instrument) whereas my older has been into "emo" music and played piano.I think my younger daughter would be better at picking up bass because she already plays guitar while my older doesn't even know what a lot of chords are. I think my older daughter should stop trying to play an instrument that isn't for her and stick to her original instrument (which she has already been playing for half of her life!!)Any thoughts, reddit? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bYQgCN

No comments:

Post a Comment