Saturday 27 August 2016

I don't know how to call it, but do any of you have information on other parent abuse?


Sorry, let me try to explain. My daughter's father (who actually does not have legal paternity, just so it is known), has apparently "video taped" my child telling him that I have done a number of abuses that I have never done. He has used this to threaten to take my parental rights away if I don't send her to live with her parents. On top of that my child has sing-song'd "mommy's going to jail!" before and when I asked her why she said no no, you're not going to jail of course! The same thing happened with the theme instead of me being killed. She returned from his parents house like this along with being fearful to be emotional or cry in front of me, afraid to talk about TV shows we watched together (like the magic school bus), and asked me if I ever let her watch "grown up shows". On top of that, there were apparently TWO times when I let her over to his parents house that they took her OUT OF STATE without telling me first, when I explicitly told them I wasn't comfortable with that because of possible medical issues. I have no idea what to do right now, because we live in different states and the last thing I heard from him was his threatening phone call. But now his parents want to come take a day visit, and have a day with her to themselves. I told them I was not comfortable not being there with her. What should I be doing in order to make myself more informed about what is going on? What kind of key terms should I be using, even? I know that this is not a unique experience and that many people have these problems with the other parent/their families. Should I be looking into a lawyer? Please help me help my little girl. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bX7EqG

No comments:

Post a Comment