Friday 26 August 2016

My 13 year old daughter is having behavioral issues and I need advice on how to cope


She started 8th grade about a month ago, and she's already gotten herself suspended twice. Twice. Once for cursing at her teacher, and another when she tried to leave school with a boy during lunch. The first time she mouthed off at her teacher I thought "It happens, kids make mistakes", but when it happened a second time and she tried to SKIP SCHOOL with another kid, it made me want to go ballistic. I'm concerned about how erratic and impulsive she's become lately. Boys take advantage, some are dangerous. This boy lives two blocks away from their middle school and they were caught walking to his house hand in hand.At a younger age, we never had behavioral problems with her or mouthing off. She always did her work and never talked back.I've always said I would never do this, I'm considering using a cellphone tracking app. I'm seriously considering it. I can't watch her while she's at school and I'm at work, so this is the next best thing. Preferably an app that doesn't notify her while I'm tracking. I don't want her to know I'm doing it if I do.Any advice or words of wisdom for dealing with difficult teens? I didn't expect to deal with this so early. She's only 13. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bUhA3X

No comments:

Post a Comment