Saturday 27 August 2016

Long Foreskin


Ok, I'm a single mom. My son's father hasn't been around for several years now, but he was around at the birth. It was his wish not to circumcise our son, and I figured that, in that area at least, fathers know best. The thing is, everyone else in my family is circumcised and all their kids are circumcised, so I can't ask any of them.My son is almost 10. When he was younger (5 or 6), I was concerned about the length of his foreskin (let's just say he had a two inch banana with a three and half inch peel) but I always just figured he would grow out of it.Obviously, since he's getting older, I don't see him nude nearly as frequently as I did when he was little. We don't make a big deal about nudity in our family, but we don't strive for it either, and I just don't see him often. However, today we were sort of off schedule, and that meant I was getting ready in the bathroom while he getting out of the shower. I happened to notice that his foreskin is still just as long. I know that I could always ask his doctor, but his next well check is still a couple of months away. I don't want to take him in to the doctor specifically for this and have her tell me that it's perfectly normal. Is it perfectly normal? I just don't know.Like I said, I'd ask family, but no one in my family has any uncircumcised boys...Help me if you can! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bXuVZC

No comments:

Post a Comment