Thursday 27 June 2019

Would it be inappropriate of me to mention to one of the mom's in my neighborhood that her neighbor is on the sex offender registry?


So late last night after an episode of Law & Order SVU, I decided to look up our sex offender registry map. Unfortunately we have one living in the neighborhood convicted of lewd and lascivious acts with an 11 year old girl. His risk level is "Moderate" which I honestly dont know what that means but makes me want to avoid him. I recognized the address as the guy who lives nextdoor to this family with 3 kids (one being an 8 to 9ish girl). This is a brand new neighborhood everyone has been here for about a year or less. I have had a couple play dates with this mom, we have two boys the same age. So I am somewhat friendly with her. Would it be weird of me to bring it up to her?My husband thinks it's wrong of me to mention it to her, that it isnt my place but I would want someone to give me a heads up if I was living next to a sex offender. Like she should warn her daughter to never interact with their neighbor, at all. Ever. I'll definitely be teaching my kids to avoid that house and it's occupants while he still lives there. Idk and then part if me feels like a nosy neighbor spreading gossip around. Maybe this Mom has already looked at the registry and knows that her neighbor is on it. Then there is another part of me that thinks that I should warn all the mom's in the neighborhood.I'm really conflicted, should I keep this information to myself? Or tell the one nextdoor mom? Or all the moms? What do you think? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2xhU6l2

No comments:

Post a Comment