Saturday 29 June 2019

15 year old son dating 18 year old girl, and I’m not okay with it


Anyone been in this situation? My 15 year old son has been dating a girl for a few months. She seemed/looked a little more mature than the girls his age, but I figured maybe she was an early bloomer. Turns out she’s 18 - and when I say he’s 15, he just turned 15 a couple of months ago. Because he’s a complete dope, his texting notifications come up on his iPad, which I had borrowed (with his permission) for a project. I got to read so much that I never wanted to know, but most importantly, I found out they are sexually active, which is a crime in our state.His father doesn’t like her, but also feels like there’s not much we can do - he will just try harder to make it work if we forbid it. I feel like it’s gross and predatory for an 18 year old to be sexually involved with a 15 year old, no matter the gender. I know he had a really tough year socially, and I get the sense that she’s also kind of a nerdy outcast, so while I’m glad he’s connected with someone, I don’t want it to be with her.Any advice? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2FHSBRB

No comments:

Post a Comment