Saturday 29 June 2019

I gave up broadband and tv at home


we only have limited data on phones and I have access to limited internet at work. I like tv and gaming. Seeing my kids throw tantrums over watching tv and then seeing how much we as parents watched made me feel like a hypocrite. so we shut it all off.it's been 4 months.it definately has helped.pros: we all go out more. we all sleep better. the house is cleaner. there are fewer tantrums. we have so much free time.cons: I feel like a social outcast, this experience has shown me 60% of my conversations With coworkers were about tv or games. my kids are a little out of the loop too. I have so much free time. (I have discovered I am very boring) apparently schools now have given up teaching and ask kids to play learning games at home(gr 1) via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KPalP2

No comments:

Post a Comment