Thursday 27 June 2019

My traumatized 15 year old son heard my husband and I having sex and he hasn't spoken to us in 2 days


My 15 yr old son heard my husband and I making love (behind closed doors - in the privacy of our bedroom). Although we didn't think we were being "loud" - since we always try to be mindful about the noise - that turned out not to be the case this time. We woke him up and heard him screaming from his room. He wasn't screaming to make us stop. The way he was screaming was painful. We both stopped, got dressed and ran to see what was going on.When he saw us, he got out of his bed and slammed his door shut. We waited to see if he had calmed down but he refused to talk to us and asked to be left alone.He's traumatized because not even 4 months ago, he was sexually assaulted by a close friend of his. His trust has been broken and he's scarred. Yes, he's in therapy but the last 48 hours has been very difficult for us . He's not talking to his dad or I.Our daughter is the only one letting he's letting console him. She's home from college and is staying for the summer break. She's let us know that he's been going into her room and crying himself to sleep. He's not letting his Dad or I anywhere near him at the moment.We do understand we're the parents and are entitled to be intimate but after putting myself in his shoes, I feel as though I've let him down. Obviously, we didn't mean any emotional harm by this but this triggered him.Both my husband and I feel guilty and hurt. It hurts knowing that we've triggered him and he's not letting us help him.His next therapy appointment is on Monday but we can't sit like this until then. We're at the loss via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KGDrQW

No comments:

Post a Comment