Thursday 27 June 2019

5 year old doesn't want his own room


My five year old son has moved once a year his entire life and has swapped between sharing rooms with his three and one year old brothers. We're finally settled on a 6 bedroom, three bath house. The master and two bedrooms are upstairs and three more bedrooms are downstairs. My three year old is nonverbal and potty training (not fun) and my one year old still occasionally needs a diaper change in the night, so neither of them can move. The five year old mopes every time I tell him he gets to have his own room, which we fitted with a punching bag of his choosing. He just won't have it. He's scared to be on his own, so I suggested to him that he can have his dog join him every night. That seemed to appease him, but only slightly. He has to move because he repeatedly wakes up our one year old an I'm sick of my baby being crabby all of the next day every time my five year old wakes him up. Should I force him or can I somehow make this his idea?Tldr: kid doesn't want to relocate to the finished basement and have a bedroom of his own. I'm letting him take his dog for security. Do I force him or what? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RBiXto

No comments:

Post a Comment