Saturday 29 June 2019

Baby didn't want to wake up today. Scared us half to death!


My wife and I are very lucky to have an 11mo LO that sleeps during the entire night with only occasionally waking up ( about once a week and even then she usually goes back to sleep easily).After this morning,however, I kinda wish she wasn't such a sound sleeper.I do a quick 2h shift every Saturday morning from home. After my work was over I exited the work room to find my wife holding our LO while crying. I thought that she just got overly emotional about something the baby did but then she told me what had happened just minutes before I exited the work room.Apparently, our LO decided to sleep in thus morning. She usually wakes up around 8:30 am but snoozing a bit more isn't unheard of. It was almost 10 am so my DW decided to wake her up. Normally we do this by gently touching the LO cheek or gently speaking to her but today was different.According to my wife, our LO couldn't wake up. She shook the babyquite hard 2-3 times and the baby didn't respond. Worst of all, our LO's eyes were wide open. I can't blame my DW for panicking because I would have done the same.Thankfully, shortly after that, the LO woke up as if nothing had happened, she didn't even cry.My wife is still pretty shaken up by all this and I can't blame her. We searched online but we couldn't find anything related zo a baby just refusing to wake up with eyes wide open.I'd like to think that our 11MO LO is just a troll with a dark sense of humor but I still can't take any chances.Does anyone have any advice? Has something similar happened to you?Update: After my wife calmed down she explained the story again. It's very much possible that the baby was just relaxing and chose not to respond on the first few nudges. Still, we are going to see our pediatritian on monday and see what he thinks. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2YjuWOR

No comments:

Post a Comment