Sunday 30 June 2019

My son (5) just told me he wouldn’t love his brother if he had brown skin.


His comment came out of nowhere. He doesn’t know what race is but is obviously now at an age where he is noticing the differences of skin tone.My first thought was to not have a big reaction. He’s also starting kindergarten soon. I don’t want him to be ignorant to the people he comes across.I think I’m here because I would love some advice. I How to start the conversation process again, or should I wait to see if he mentions anything? I really don’t want to wait so I was thinking of getting some age appropriate books about the different types of people in the world. Anything else I should be thinking of?Thanks in advance for any advice! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZXqHZB

No comments:

Post a Comment