Friday 28 June 2019

I am a stay-at-home-mom and a "friend" of mine asked "Don't you have any life goal", I responded and deleted him from my contact


This "friend" is also on Reddit so I am just going to tell a simple version of my story.Him and his wife both work and they have a daughter similar age to mine. I have two kids, a three year old boy and a almost one year old baby girl.One day, out of nowhere, he suddenly asked me if I ever plan to get a job.I was surprised by his question and aked why.He said, well my wife enjoy being a mom but she needs a job to feel balance in life.I found it a bit offensive and just replied "no I want to be sit on my couch for the rest of my life".Then he immediately said "Don't you have any life goal? Other than taking care of children?"Some might say it's just an ordinary question but to me it was rude af. What kind of friend judge people like that?I said, my life goal is to be a useless piece of wood.He said something like that's lame and conversation carried on.I tried to change the subject and suggest maybe a play date in the future, since our families have similar culture background. I also said I could help babysit if some time they want a little break.He simply rejected me by saying their life right now is quite perfect and they have babysitter, their kid has her own friends so play date is not necessary.Later I just got more and more upset about what he said and I texted him a long little essay.I said maybe you didn't mean to but what you said really offended me. You don't know what happened in my life and how everything leads to the life I have right now. I hope those misfortune will never happen to you.I think I texted more but I don't remember.Then I deleted him. He tried to add me back, I ignored. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Xl5cFr

No comments:

Post a Comment