Sunday 30 June 2019

Super-dad to the rescue!!


I just need a moment to have a complete bitch-fest about the societal expectations on dads vs moms, because I am utterly pissed off.I have two daughters, 3 and 4 months. My husband lovingly took them with him to the store this morning so I could rest at home for a moment. (I love him for that.) However, while he was at the store, a lady walked up to him and told him he must be a super dad for having two young kids with him.Excuse me, but what the actual fuck?!?! I have two kids with me solo all the freaking time and I’m never told that I’m a super mom for doing so. Instead, it’s completely expected, dare I even say required?, that moms are able to do this. But when a dad does this, he’s an amazing super hero!!!To my husband’s credit, he responded by saying, “I really don’t think so.” And moved on with his day. But fucking-a people, the societal norms/expectations suck.Rant over!! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2XfYb8M

No comments:

Post a Comment