Wednesday 26 June 2019

I coaxed my 15m/o out of a night terror with blueberries


My son has been having night terrors fairly frequently the last month or so, and up until now we haven't been able to do anything aside from comfort him and wait for him to wake up.Tonight he had another and really wasn't settling or showing signs of waking up, so I decided to sing songs from his favourite shows or ones we sing that he normally dances to. He didn't respond at all so I started asking if he wanted a narny (banana) which surprisingly calmed him slightly, I then asked if he wanted some bluebellies (our cute name for blue berries lol) and his eyes fluttered and he woke. Big smile on his face and pointed to the kitchen.I honestly didn't think that'd work, nothing up until now has worked or caught his attention enough to wake him, we had even tried playing the Bluey theme song (shout out to all the aussie parents who love the show too) which he always stops to listen and dance to, but it didn't work. We'll definitely be keeping the fridge stocked with berries from now on haha via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Yg4LIy

No comments:

Post a Comment