Sunday 30 June 2019

Disagreement about having another


My wife is adamant that we have a third baby but I'm struggling to keep up with the responsibilities that we have. We have two daughters 8 years apart, the oldest being my step daughter. My wife is insistent that we try to have another soon because she wants the youngest to have the experience of growing up with a similarly aged sibling. I see her point of view, but I feel it's a terrible idea as we struggle with the financial and time commitments that we currently have. Both of us have full-time jobs and she's attending a graduate program while I'm finishing up my undergrad part-time. Time is in short supply but we've done a pretty good job of splitting child duties 50-50.I feel having a third is just going to dilute our resources and make us worse parents to the two that we have. Furthermore, I had a terrible time adjusting to the baby stage for the first time. It drove me into a depression that I'm still working through in therapy. I'm terrified to go through that again.Has anyone ever gone through a similar disagreement? We genuinely have a fantastic relationship and are great at talking through problems... but I don't think she fully realizes just how much I struggled with our first. However, I feel terrible because I know how much she loves being a mother. I'm at a loss, do I give in and drive myself to the absolute brink of sanity for her? Or do I insist leaving her defeated because she might not get the chance to have another baby? It really feels like a lose-lose situation. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Yn7Fvd

No comments:

Post a Comment