Wednesday 26 June 2019

My 4 year old has the chicken pox!


I’ve done all I can to protect him from this, just so you know. I had it when I was 5 and it was the WORST (this was pre vaccine). So naturally I made sure my boy got his chicken pox vax, he’s had all of his shots and is completely up to date on everything. What makes it worse, in my mind at least, is that he got it from ME. My shingles outbreak started two weeks ago. I’ve had flare ups many times and he’s never caught it so needless to say I wasn’t terribly worried. I take my meds and keep it covered.Didn’t work. My son woke up with spots yesterday, then they started to spread and blister, got confirmation this morning from his pediatrician. I’m not pleased and I definitely feel like this is my fault. Thankfully the vaccine is clearly helping because while he’s not COVERED from head to toe he does has plenty of spots all over. We’ve got Benadryl, calamine, and oatmeal baths and Tylenol.Now we enjoy our quarantine.Hopefully no antivaxxers will find out and start asking to come play but I’m related to several, so I’m keeping this off of social media. I’m venting my anger at myself to you guys. Sad day. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2XbAiiz

No comments:

Post a Comment