Friday 28 June 2019

My teen says she's not going to summer camp. What to do?


I've signed my 14 year old daughter up for a variety of programs based on her interests. She tells me that she's not going.I asked her wayyyy ahead of time what she wanted to do for summer and I got no answer. When she told me that she did not want to do the camps I asked her what she would rather do and again no answer.I know what she really wants to do is stay home in bed, eating and playing on her cellphone. I can't have that. Her grades were terrible this last year of school and so I planned on getting her a tutor over the summer as well. Of course we'll do fun things too.I really put a lot of effort into finding and registering her for these programs. Its not boring stuff either, you'd think she'd appreaciate it. If she does not go my only resort is to shut the phone off and just leave her home until school starts back up.I have to work Monday through Friday so I can't hang in the house with her, she doesn't have any friends or family in the area so if she stays home she will be alone in the house. I want her out, aound others in the fresh air having new experiences.The first camp starts on Monday and it's cellphone free.Any advice on what to do if she refuses to go? I'm so frustrated with her!!!!! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Xl5fkB

No comments:

Post a Comment