Friday 28 June 2019

What should go in a teen boy's room?


So there's this 16-year-old kid who, at this point, literally lives on my couch. His parents are shit, he doesn't even have a room at "home" (he sleeps on a mattress in the kitchen). So he lives with me. He's a good kid.Recently I spoke with my roommate and we agreed to move into a three-bedroom so he can have his own space. The cost difference is not significant so we can afford it just fine, and we both consider him like a son (he jokingly calls us "mom" and "dad," even). He doesn't know we're doing this yet, but of course we'll run it by him before we commit to the new place.I want to surprise him with a room that's actually ready to move into. I'm planning to buy him a bed frame and mattress + pillows and sheets and all that, a TV, a desk, school supplies, and a mini fridge. We're also going to paint it his favorite color.I'll still have a little bit of money left over after all that, so my question is, what else should I put in his room? What can I do to make it feel like a home for him? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Nke0q8

No comments:

Post a Comment