Friday 28 June 2019

Am I wrong about making my daughter (5) where shorts under her dress?


This morning was a bit rough getting her out the door to school. She had a half a dozen different excuses as to why she didn't want to wear shorts under her dress. I was patient, but we had to get going as it was dragging on and we'd be late to work.The tag hurts -> I'll cut it offBut the elastic hurts -> I swap out the shorts for softer onesBut my friends like seeing the designs -> you shouldn't be showing your underwear (explain about privacy)But my dress (on the inside) doesn't touch my skin until (points to mid thigh) here -> it's on the inside no one will noticeBut it gives me extra wedgiesThis is where I falter. I don't want my daughter to be uncomfortable, but I also don't want her playing outside in the mulch on the playground without the extra protection. I also don't want her underwear showing during activities. The dress comes down to the knees. I know this is subjective, but am I being unreasonable for wanting her to wear shorts under her dress? What do other people do here? I was close to relenting because the dress is long enough in most cases except play.She was in hysterics bawling, which she doesn't usually do unless something is wrong. I got her to agree to turn it into a game (count the wedgies so we can find the shorts with the least wedgies) and the waterworks subsided a bit. The whole ordeal made my wife late and took about 20 extra minutes, but I wanted to work through it all as best I could. Curious for outside opinions on the situation. Thanks! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KJg6xT

No comments:

Post a Comment