Wednesday 26 June 2019

Turned away from hotel because of my son


We made a reservation at a hotel in Massachusetts, drove there, and was turned away at the door upon arrival. Their policy is 'no children age 10 and under'. We asked why, and they said 'because babies cry and you can hear it throughout the house'. I don't know many 10 year olds who cry like a newborn.This wasn't a specialty resort meant for adults, it was just a converted mansion in the Boston area.We changed our travel plans and decided to just take the ferry to Nantucket. It was raining hard, and a weekday, so we thought we'd have the island and hotels to ourselves--or at least a cheaper rate.Three hotels in Nantucket don't accept children as a policy. What the heck!?I've traveled extensively internationally, and I've never experienced this-- and it's in my own backyard!! I'm in shock. I thought age descrimination was illegal?Has anyone else experienced this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Yeeijz

No comments:

Post a Comment