Sunday 30 June 2019

My wife and I had the strangest interaction with a Wal-Mart employee today.


So a couple of things, I stay at home with my kids after being put on disability 2 years ago from agoraphobia and ocd and working at 10+ jobs during an 8 year span due to having consistent breakdowns. My wife has always stuck by me and she works to provide for the family and we basically switched roles.We go shopping for groceries today and have our 4 year old son with us while my older daughter is with the grandparents. When we get to the checkout the employee jokingly tells my wife the register is closed. She joked back that it is ok because she doesn’t have any money. Never mind how bad these jokes are. Ha. The guy then turns to me and says that I have all the money and that she is “bought and paid for”. At which point I corrected him and said that she actually works more and makes the money.He then says “no, I bet she’s a stay at home mom and you work 48 hours a week.” When I told him that is not the case he said that she probably only works 4 days a week and gets overpaid. At this point we are just stunned that this guy is a functioning adult. Also, he murmurs out loud that I better stop spinning the grocery bagging...errr... holder. I’m just trying to help the guy out and bag the groceries because he’s a very large guy who was having problems moving around behind the counter.I was really upset by all this but my wife said we shouldn’t file a complaint because he’s just a miserable 20 year old and that this will just make his life worse. I don’t know, it just seems so personal the way he said all of it. Maybe that’s because I cannot work at the moment and she works hard to fight the stereotype against women. Plus, being a stay at home parent is not the easiest either though I relish that I get to do it.I should mention that we went through this guy’s line a month ago and he kept telling us how much he hated working there and how he probably wouldn’t come back so he’s definitely unhappy but surely he can’t just get away with trashing customers. He also joked to the lady behind us that he is closing his lane because he doesn’t check out old ladies. It was an all around strange experience. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2IZ7OzM

No comments:

Post a Comment