Saturday 29 June 2019

My 8 year old son is suspected of molesting my 3 year old son. Please help.


Background: I have an 8 year old son with my Ex, whom I get every other weekend. He’s diagnosed with ADHD, but isn’t a very wild kid. He can be impulsive, but hasn’t been violent or anything along those lines. I have recently been given custody of him over the summer while he’s off school to try to make a difference in his behavior. His mom doesn’t do anything with him and has him on some (in my opinion) unnecessary medications that make him drowsy and a little bit easier to deal with if you’d rather not be active with him. He’s getting up there in weight, his first day at my house he was at 112 pounds. I haven’t noticed any issues between him and my 3 year old, they play together well and whatnot.So two weeks ago when my 8year old began his summer with us, my wife had a not too serious surgery. The boys stayed with family. Start Saturday evening they stayed with father for two nights, then with my mother in law and brother in law (who live in the same household) until the following Friday. They came back home with us and were with my wife at home while I was at work. This past Wednesday my wife tells me that 8 year old isn’t keeping his hands to himself or listening to her very well in general. I somewhat dismiss it as light rough housing but still agree it needs to stop. When I get home we have a conversation with 8 about it and leave it there. Similar issue the next day, so I had him write out “I will keep my hands to myself” on a couple pages and keep it at that. My wife tells me that 8 is trying to lay on 3, is grabbing his arms and legs and twisting them as if just attempting to pin him down, and she seen him pretending to put their toy broom handle in 3’s butt. She decides to send 3 to my MIL for the night so she doesn’t have issues while I’m at work the following day. When I get home she tells me that MIL called and told her that 3 began humping her and laughed about it when she told him not to do that. Later on he was also trying to put his finger in his butt and she told him not to do that because he will get hurt. But she also asked him if someone showed him this and he said yes, but nothing after that. We asked her to leave it be and not press him further until we figure out the correct way to start this whole process. These are behaviors neither myself nor my wife have seen before from him.Then MIL told us that she won’t allow us to have 3 back until we find somewhere for myself and 8 to go, as she sees it dangerous for 3 to be in the same house as 8. She said when they were both in her care that 8 was still being too hands on and wasn’t really listening but she seen enough to not trust them being alone in a room or whatnot together. She says she’ll call CPS before she lets him come back home. I don’t disagree with her, however I’m not to fond of her attempting to keep our child from us.I want to believe that the worst isn’t happening here, but either way my wife and I decided to call CPS and report this on Monday, but I have zero idea as to what is going to happen or if that is the right place to start. If 8 is doing something to 3 then I have reason to suspect that someone is doing something to 8 and I want to get everybody the help I can get as soon as possible but I have no idea where exactly to start.Please help me. If you need more info please ask and I will answer. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Jckx10

No comments:

Post a Comment