Thursday 27 June 2019

My toddler puked in the toilet on his own for the first time today


I know this is a gross topic but I have to say I’m proud of my boy today. He’s 3y 3m (so closer to 3 than 4). Previously when he has had a stomach bug it was the usual projectile vomit splash all over the floor without warning.This morning he woke up feeling sick and went and vomited in the toilet on his own before anyone else was out of bed. I didn’t know he had been sick at the time as we have a white noise machine going in our room for our 8mo and I couldn’t hear it.My 3yo came in our room and told me he was fine (I didn’t know what he meant at the time) and then laid down on the floor next to my side of the bed. This is unusual behavior for him. Most mornings when he comes in to wake me up, he hands my glasses and phone to me and starts chattering away.He closed his eyes and dozed off. I was fine to stay in bed a bit longer and was keeping an eye on him.Suddenly he jumped up and said “oh ima puke!” And ran off to the bathroom. I was surprised! He was sick again a few more times this morning and each time he went and handled it on his own. I followed to make sure he was ok, of course.It sucks he was sick (he’s fine now 🤷🏻‍♀️) but I’m super proud of the advancement he has made in knowing what’s going on with his body and being able to articulate/communicate it to us. He has excellent speech skills already but this one is a biggie for us.Bonus: I am sooooo happy I may not have to clean up giant puke splats in the future via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JbzxMz

No comments:

Post a Comment