Sunday 30 June 2019

No Contact For The Lady Who Birthed Me


“We’re having a baby!...Mum don’t tell anyone please we want to surprise people in due time” When I spoke to all of my 3 brothers: “Oh mum told me months ago...” and the same with my sister and she was very nearly going to tell my dad Oh she also told all of her friends, my aunt and so on...While my wife was still pregnant with our daughter, my sister (17) came to stay with us for a short while - she didn’t feel safe at parent’s house because everyone there would bully her all of the time and ignore her concerns & not support her with her mental health or education which she is struggling with So I suggested she could stay with us as long as she wanted to - after confirming with my wifeA week into her staying here, my mum realising she’s not coming home any time soon starts calling and messaging me repeatedly I try to be ‘the voice of reason’ and explain my sister’s concerns to her She quickly twisted that into her being the victim and my sister “bullying” her Bear in mind my sister is a very small timid and quiet girl who is petrified of conflict/arguments So that couldn’t be further from the truthThen my mum starts raising her voice at me because I refuse to make my sister go home ... and out pops a load of F bombs and strange comments about my unborn daughter (If I recall she was 5 months pregnant at the time), including “I hope your daughter runs away from home”Another time, same situation she starts making comments about my wife regarding a severe argument me and her had over a year ago - that we have dealt with and ‘turned a new leaf’ So she was trying to incite issues between me and my wife because she knew my wife was with me and probably listening (I always put phone on loud speaker / for past 6 or so years).... Then before our baby was born, she’s doing fucking amazing btw! Me and my wife were speaking about people visiting and any concerns we had - smoking, unvaccinated people, young kids, etcI decided to mention to my mum that we don’t want people smoking here etc Instead of being reasonable or even a little resistant, her response was; IM HER FUCKING GRANDMOTHER THIS IS MY FIRST GRANDCHILD HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STOP ME FROM VISITING! SHE WILL BE AROUND PEOPLE WHO SMOKE ANYWAY (no she won’t, no one here smokes... she knows that)Then our little baby was born... We sent her a picture of the baby and insisted she doesn’t show anyone - as again we want to announce her birth to people Later that day... her Facebook is publicly full of pictures of the baby that she got my dad (they aren’t together) to send her Dad had 2-3 pictures, no reason for thatWe confronted her about it and again SO YOU WANT ME TO PRETEND I DONT HAVE A GRANDCHILD THAT SHE DOESNT EXIST?! Ugh we just said not to post fucking photos of herSome weeks later..... She’s making problems with me again and I told her I cba with your shit I’m busy with a baby Then my sister shows me that she reposted the photos of the baby on her Facebook moments after I told her to go away with her shit So she posted them in nothing but in spite and to get at me and my wifeSo, yes, you’re a grandmother But a grandmother who put the father (and his siblings) through hell their entire childhood and teenage years, assaulted them and put them down.. But we hesitantly wanted to give you a chance, a chance to be different, a chance to treat our baby with some respect and to build a relationship with her But you ruined all of that.. You’re a grandmother yes. But you will not be visiting your granddaughter any time soon because I do not trust you to be safe with her I do not trust you to respect our boundaries I do not trust you to not make comments about her in an argument I do not trust you to respect her I do not trust you via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZUgBZo

No comments:

Post a Comment