Sunday 30 June 2019

Adult daughter moving home and need some advice.


Our adult daughter is moving home. YAY!! She moved in with some friends last year and it hasn't worked out. They haven't been employed the whole time and she is tired of picking up the slack. She is thinking that she will be home for a year or so until her boyfriend graduates college and they can start looking for their own place. We are perfectly happy with that.I just want to make the transition as easy as possible. Before she moved out our big rules were that she text me if she was staying out all night so I didn't worry. Also to text me if she is bring people over at night so I don't get caught in a tshirt and undies. He boyfriend can stay over as often as they want as long as she lets us know. We are not planning on charging her any rent as long as she is saving some of her paycheck. She will have to pay her own bills like phone and car insurance. But she is pretty good about budgeting so I am not worried. She will have normal chores like mostly running the vacuum, sweeping, and keeping her room reasonably clean.How does that sound? Am I forgetting anything? Any advice from parents who had kids move back home? Thanks via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2XKbXzE

No comments:

Post a Comment