Sunday 30 June 2019

SAHM returning to work - any advice?


I've been a stay-at-home mom for 5.5 years. I'm going to be returning to work in the summer when my 5 y/o starts school. I don't know whether I will be getting a full or part-time job, but I will be putting my youngest son (2.5 y/o) in daycare for the duration of my work hours.I have struggled with depression for most of my life, but it became much worse during my time as a SAHM. I think because of the isolation, and my feelings of inadequacy as a mother (mostly due to the depression itself). My kids are healthy and well adjusted, so I know I must be doing an okay job. The reason I mention the depression is because it adds to my mixed feelings and anxiety about returning to work. I'm very excited about getting out of the house again, (without the kids!), to work around other adults. But I'm also nervous that I will fail... That after 5 years of being at home, my skills might be rusty and I might not be up to par. Even before I stayed home, when I was doing administrative work before, bosses/coworkers would make rude comments to me about my solemn demeanor or tell me that I'm dumb.So I have a lot of mixed feelings about returning to work... With regards to how it will affect my kids, my mothering abilities, me as a wife, and my ability to perform the job.Please, anyone, even dads... All advice and input is welcome and needed.Thank you! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/302iK5d

No comments:

Post a Comment