Friday 29 June 2018

Why are other parents so critical?!


I’m going to lead this off by saying screw you to the guy who made me cry, and missing a teachable moment.I have Three year old twin boys, both who have Apraxia of speech. They finally got into a program with more access to more frequent speech therapy. They also are very sensitive to sensory stimulation. And despite what this outsider thought understand things very well.We’ve had a tough couple of days. We’ve had to stay in a hotel due to an issue with our fuse box, but we’re getting through. Obviously, we can’t cook a full meal here and decided to go out to eat. Where we live today was about 100 degrees. My kids are hot, tired, and out of their home.While we were eating our today we sat next to a table of a small family. One of my boys was VERY hot and just down right hungry. He was having none of it. Fighting, crying, trying to use the words he has down when this kid. This kid from the next table over says “oh my god what’s wrong with them? Was I ever like THAT?!” I’m already on the verge of tears because it’s been just a long day. And I had just taken a head to the lip while my son was shaking his head no about waiting. My other son when he heard probably the 10000th person say what’s wrong with him. His whole face just fell. And my heart just shattered.This kids dad proceeds to give a very loud speech about how if his kids acted that way he would never take them anywhere. And just go on and on and on while looking over in our direction.During all of this, I’ve been helping my kids get through as much of their meal as I can while trying to convince my husband to stay calm for their sake.I ended up leaving once the kids were fed and in tears, to try and eat in the car before having to fight getting the kids inside again.Please, if you’ve made it this far. Never be that guy.If anyone has any methods for seeing three year olds through tantrums like this, I’m taking advice.-exhausted mama. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KmaKsq

No comments:

Post a Comment