Monday 25 June 2018

Today I called CPS on a friend...


TL;DR Yesterday I watched a friends daughter and learned what was happening in their home which was confirmed by her mom. This morning I called CPS and I'm glad I didLast a former friend called me out of the blue because she needed a sitter for her daughter. I agreed and said I'd do it for for free. Her daughter will be 4 next month and I haven't seen her since her third birthday party. To say I was shocked when I watched her was an understatement. When her mom dropped her (lets call her Nora) off Nora reeked of poop and mom said "diapers are expensive so is packed 2 use them if you really need them, she doesn't stink too bad" obviously theres no potty training happening.My hackles went up when I heard Nora talk. She is relatively non-verbal but as we were playing I did something that she didn't like (color a flower pink when she wanted purple) she came up and slapped my in the face and said "next is knife". She is an aggressive child who knows the lyrics to Cardi B songs but isn't able to recite her ABC's.When her mom came to pick her up I asked her what was happening and told her what Nora said. She wasn't shocked and said oh yeah, she heard James (moms brother) when we has fight with his girlfriend. She said once it got really physical they just locked Nora in the room, but she lets Nora watch until his girlfriend seems to struggle.I said goodbye and first thing I did when I woke up was call CPS. I'm happy I did. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KjCJVT

No comments:

Post a Comment