Thursday 28 June 2018

BM of my step kids just made off with 3/4 of our kids stuff for her 1 weekend a month schedule. What are we going to do?! Long post.


We got a CO set up for my step kiddos, everything was happy until I read in the CO that my SO agreed to give her most of the kids stuff without reading how much, dispite her not buying them anything that they have now. What do I Do? My kids are left with a bag of legos and 4 stuffed animals.Backstory, this woman left for almost a year when her youngest was breastfeeding. Never came back. Never tried untill we served her with childsuport payments. I've been in my SD2 life longer than her birth mother has now. The older two boys had stoped asking for her, and then she comes back. Cool, as long as she keeps her word not to emotionally abuse/manipulate them like before.When she was originally served divorce papers and emergency custody order she got angry and fled state. Protection orders, court dates, and all the therapy she had to compleatw before she could see them again would have taken 3 weeks. We had it all set up for her, and she did none of it for a year. Her choice, What ever.She recently, after the child support papers came through, completed what she needed and asked to be back in their lives, but had nowhere to go. She got with her boyfriend and even through thwy broke up, shes still living there. We set it up with her to see them at parks and McDonald's and such for a few hours because she had no car and we didn't want her to have ammo to say we alienated them. We worked and worked with her trying to help, but she still threw fits and bought nothing for the kids, and only asked to see them once a month and a few phone calls a month. Girlfriend you live 4 minutes from us come on.Back to the title, we get everything set up for her. We help with court costs dispite us being poor too (college student and I'm a childcare worker. We have budgets down to a t). She still threw a fit and sweet talked the judge into putting in the CO that we had to give her most of the kids stuff so they feel at home at her house. Okay, I can give a tub of toys and our extra crib mattresses. We don't have more clothes that we need. We don't have more sheets than are on the beds. We don't have anymore beds than WE need. She came to our house to pick up the stuff and starts screaming that this was bullshit and not enough, where are the beds, where are all the clothes... what??She expected us to give her their beds, clothes, and most toys for her 1 weekend a month schedule. Umm no. I paid for those beds, I paid for those toys, I paid for the clothes while their father went back to school. Not you lady. The last thing you bought them as a pack of underwear because instead of washing them on a visitation you just threw them away. I showed her receipts and refused on the beds, but she made off with half their clothes and 3/4 of the toys we have. We called our lawyers and he just shrugged it off because the CO said she would have most. Not half, MOST. I'm so upset and angry!The kids were crying that she was taking all of their favorite toys, bedtime snuggle bears, and basicly anything I couldn't prove I bought while threatening to call the police if I didn't let her have most of the stuff, and she bought NONE of it.What can i do, or call places, to help rebuild the stuff we just lost?! We are so broke we budget to a t and I can't even spend 100 at a thrift store to make up for this. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ICFDDg

No comments:

Post a Comment